TaraElla is a singer-songwriter and an author.
TaraElla’s 2021 autobiography The TaraElla Story provides a detailed description of the context of her writing and thinking. She describes her context as the early 21st century Western world, and she has been mainly influenced by events like the Iraq War controversy, the campaign for LGBT rights including marriage equality, and the rise of postmodernism and cancel culture.
TaraElla identifies as a classical liberal. More specifically, she has written extensively about a branch of liberalism called Moral Libertarianism, where the core principle is that each individual is to have an equal amount of moral agency. In practice, this leads to self-determination for all, as well as limitations on government power so that it is (ideally) no more powerful than an average private citizen.
How does liberalism’s dedication to distributing liberty equally make it a moral ideology? To answer this question, we need to first look at what liberty is. Liberty is the power an individual has over their own actions, their ability to put their ideas into action. Therefore, looking at it from a moral perspective, liberty is moral agency, i.e. the ability to act in accordance with one’s moral compass. An equitable distribution of liberty therefore ensures an equitable distribution of moral agency.
-The Moral Libertarian Horizon, Volume 1
TaraElla is a free speech advocate, a consequence of her classical liberal beliefs. She is also against what she calls radical socialism, and its belief in interlinking systems of oppression; as well as class analyses in general. Instead, she believes that matters of unfair treatment are individual and separate matters, and need to be dealt with in a case-by-case manner. Furthermore, she believes that political temperament is inborn, and there is value to both progressive and conservative views. Therefore, she believes in respecting each individual's political temperament, and bringing different sides to work together towards outcomes that have broad acceptance.
TaraElla identifies as a classical feminist. She believes in equality for all, regardless of gender.
TaraElla founded the WikiEqual project in 2017, which aims to improve equality of voices and information in Wikipedia.
TaraElla Computer System (TECS)
- The Princess's Spirit Trilogy #1-3: An Early 21st Century Liberty Movement Story
- 3 Movements (Feminism, LGBT Rights, Marriage Equality)
- Eastlands Dreaming
- The TaraElla Story
- The Story of a 21st Century ‘Somebody’: Independent Culture Creation in the 2000s & 2010s
- A Trans Popstar’s Story: Being Trans and Chasing Dreams During Quarterlife
- The Moral Libertarian Horizon, Volume 1
- The Moral Libertarian Horizon, Volume 2
- The Moral Libertarian Horizon, Volume 3
- The Moral Libertarian Horizon, Volume 4
- The Moral Libertarian Idea
- Feminism Isn’t A Political Party: My Case for a Real Liberal Feminism
- Liberal Revival Now: A Moral and Practical Case for a 21st Century Back-to-Basics Liberalism
- Marriage Privatization: What, Why, and most importantly, How
- Princess's Spirit Life Ideas #1: The Dreamers' Guide to Life
- Princess's Spirit Life Ideas #2: You Can Change the World Too
- Princess's Spirit Social Ideas #1: Building the Princess Spirit World
- Princess's Spirit Social Ideas #2: An Adaptive Family Values
- Be A Star in Life: A Collection of Life Empowerment Articles
- Ideas for the World's Future: A Collection of Cultural, Social and Politically Themed Articles
- The World Needs Marriage Equality Now
- Love Is All Around Us (2011, re-released 2014)
- The Road to Where I'm Heading (2013, re-released 2014)
- Your Love Makes The World Beautiful (2014)
- 1986 EP (2020)
- Beauty (2010)
- Anthem of Idealists (2012)
- The Real World is Overrated (2013)
- Not That Kind of Retro (2014)
- Right Now (Marriage Equality Song) (2014)
- The Princess's Spirit (2017)
- Dream On 2020 / Year 2000 (2020)
- 1986 (2021)
TaraElla has written articles for different audiences over the years, explaining her pro-liberty views.